Stuck in a rut for what to do for 4th of July food? Want to cheat, but not go overboard on the sweets? Here are some fun desserts you can try that will satisfy any sweet tooth you or you guest might have! Pair the desserts with the yummy kabobs and you’ve got yourself a great 4th of July! Be safe!
- 2 cups Frozen Strawberries
- ¼ cup Raw Local Honey
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup Coconut Water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve right away for best results
- If ingredients won’t blend, add in a little bit more coconut water until it begins to blend. You may have to freeze it if it become too liquidy before you serve. Make sure to stir the sorbet while you are freezing to avoid the sorbet completely freezing solid.
- Marshmallows or Bananas
- Wash the berries and separate them into different bowls.
- Take the kabob sticks and begin to push the ends through the berries and mallows, one at a time. Make sure to go raspberry, blueberry, marshmallow/ banana or how ever you want to design in! Try rolling the bananas in some coconut shavings to add an extra twist! Serve and Enjoy!
Whipped Coconut Cream Trifle
- 2 can Coconut Milk (chilled in fridge)
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the full can of coconut milk, the maple syrup, and the vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Whip on high for 15 minutes until light and fluffy and it holds a soft peak.
- Cut strawberries and set aside in a bowl. Put Blueberries in a separate bowl, and raspberries in a separate bowl.
- In a trifle dish, layer berries intermittently with whipped cream between them. Decorate the top of the layers with a fun design with your berries and enjoy!
- White onion
- Kabob Meat with seasonings
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Diced Pineapple
- Make sure the kabob meat is seasoned to the style of your kabobs (ie bbq, mediterranean, ect). Cut the peppers into squares, cut the onion into chunks, and dice pineapple into big chunks.
- With your kabob sticks, layer the different ingredients in whatever order you want
- Lightly spread avocado oil all around the food and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Barbeque on a grill for 12-15 minutes until meat is done
Health and Happiness,